Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Send Roses Next Time


So,
she actually thought 
this crummy vase full of flowers
would subdue me,
after weeks of being silenced
by
all
The Big Two Legged One's
schenangigans,
she tries to make up for it
with these flowers?

Well,
what would 
YOU
say to that?


Luckily, I currently have control
of the keyboard
and I'm trying very hard
to be witty.



But things in our part of the world
have getting kind of chilly
and lazy,
and much of the time
the best thing to do
is sleep.


But every now and then,
like the other night,
something exciting rolls in.
We had one
heck of a storm;
the BTLO
was outside,
in the wind
trying to light a fire
(a quest I was wholly in support
of
given that she had this gorgeous piece
of kuzu,
lamb,
my favorite meat,
and she was planning to slap it on 
those hot charcoals,

but instead --
change of plan:
the wind picked up,
the sky went dark,
and
everything started flying:
charcoal,
chair,
BTLO's beer.

We ended up eating
salmon, baked
but that wasn't so bad.

And yes, 
if you're wondering
about our friend Fluffy,
she's still here, still
thinking that Sunshine Award we received
was just for her.



I just realized something:
I haven't said 
a darned thing
that was witty.

Just being a kitty,
catching up
with her peeps
and distant
cat relatives.





Oh, look at this beautiful sky:



This was taken from our
second floor
balcony,
terrace
observation point --
she calls it a
porch;
I call it my
lookout point.


Kinda pretty, huh?


with love,
from
Pişi
and Squeak











1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You must be patient with the BTLO. She means well. Plus she feeds you, so . . . .