Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

If I could be born again as a different type of cat, I'd like to be . . .

a cheetah:


Cheetahs and I have more than a few things in common, beginning with the fact we're both endangered.  I really like this story that I found on the table the other day, in the Christian Science Monitor, about a woman who is helping Cheetahs.  Her preserve, called the DeWildt Cheetah and Wildlife Centre, is one of several preserves, according to www.cheetahspot.com  

 I really dig the fact that Ana Van Dyk at DeWildt is also raising Anatolian Shepherd Dogs to protect neighboring farmers' livestock from those big cats she's raising.  If I were still a cat living in the streets of Ankara, I wouldn't be so thrilled to see a stray Anatolian Sheepdog - he'd eat me as a midafternoon snack - but I love the fact these fellow country creatures of mine are helping to keep my Cheetah cousins alive!


good day to all, from Pişi


No comments: