Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Bassett Hound needs a home in Connecticut



This here Bassett Hound's name is Alfie,
and he's somewhere in Connecticut
and he needs a home.

You see, for some god-forsaken reason,
our Big Two Legged One is finding Basset Hounds to be quite cute.

This is worrying.


You see, 
it appears to me that
Basset Hounds might eat cats.

They look like they could eat me!

But wait,
then again,
look at this--

doesn't she look like perfect Basset Hound food
to you?


Oh, yeah, Bon Appetit, Mr. Hound!
You can come stay for supper, at least!


~ ~ 



Hold on there, Fluffy!
I am not going to provide a meal for a Basset Hound!

And furthermore, you Furr-Ball,
I absolutely advocate the way 
the BTLO is currently using our crappy little blog
to find a home for a dog in New York City!
I, as a former stray in Ankara, (not Ankara, New York, but rather, Ankara, Turkey!)
think that's pretty darned awesome!


You see, I was really pretty pissed at her when she kept me in that apartment there,
but now I know that I couldn't have gone back out
into those streets.
I had experienced the flavor of sleeping on a couch.
I would have been eaten alive!

So she kept me, even though I was the Biggest Bitch Alive.

I now know, and I must confess,
it makes me green with envy,
that she's done this before --
taken in us misfitty cats that no one wants.
In fact, I hear tell that she once too in a real doozy
of a cat when she was living in New York City.
I'm supposed to look a lot like that Other cat.

Notably, too, we all kind of end up liking her.

So here I am to tell you that
she's not going to get a Basset Hound,
but she thinks this Alfie is pretty cute,
and if she can help get him a home, she will!
(As a former pet-owning New Yorker,
the BTLO is a great advocate of a blog called
which attempt to find homes for dogs
in the Big Apple.)


In fact, while we're at it,
here are a couple other dogs available around 
New York City,
all their info (and the originals of these pictures)
can be found at the Foster Dogs link, given above!

This is Newton, the 12 year old Cocker Spaniel,
who needs a home and very definitely likes cats!

And here's Tyler, 
a very handsome Bulldog:


(Now, there is a dog that eats cats!)



Besides here's some pretty good evidence that
a Basset Hound might not only like a cat,
but actually share in cats' very favorite activity:




2 comments:

Katnip Lounge said...

Mommy used to work with a lady who was owned by 3 Cats and 2 Bassets!

No Cats were ever consumed.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope they all find good homes just like you did, Pisi and Squeak!