Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2019

Been So Long

Far too long.

I was reading through some cat blogs the other day, and I ran across some old friends.  Cole and Marmalade.  They're cat rock and roll stars now.

They made me think of this blog -- which I loved keeping.  But life caught up with me, and it brought some changes along the one.

One of them was the passing of my dear friend Pişi.



She probably passed away about nine months after this photo was taken, in Summer of 2015.

When you have a cat like Pişi, you mourn for awhile.  
Her story is told earlier on this blog. Her Turkish roots,
her exploits.  
She was eighteen when she left us,
and a fighter all the way to the end.
She rests in our backyard now.
All the feral cats like to hang out at her grave.
I like to think of it this way:
they know she was a jellicle cat,
a miracle cat,
a powerful soul. 

It was probably her passing that silenced us here.

And life, of course.
Oh, life.





No comments: